Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fragments part 7 - Nakayoshi


“How long are you going to stay under that blanket, Aki?” I didn’t have to pull the warm blanket away to know who it was. I snuggled deep under the pillow clasping the fabrics tightly with one hand.

“As long as I could.”

“Heeehh? Didn’t you get all sweaty in there?” Her lazy voice was annoying.

“Shut up for once, Akari, please.”

“Aheheheheheh.” She began to laugh and I heard some thump thump sound smashing the silence in the room as she bang her legs up and down against the deserted bed.

“Asako is a neat girl, I tell you. I don’t want her to come back and ask why her bed is messy.”

“But, it was way too funny,” she said giggling.

“What?”

“You never ever did plea me before. It sounds just out of place. Really that guy change you a lot, Aki. Shiki-senpai banzai!”

“Shut up!”

“Come on, Aki. No need to get so upset. Senpai is a good person. He said it’s okay, didn’t he?”

“But, that’s not it.” My voice sounded helpless for once but it was too late to take it back then. Hearing that, Akari laughed again.

“What? You think you had made him scared?” Akari stopped banging her legs against the bed as she asked. There was a slight pause afterwards, I could tell that she had tuned to me and waited for my answer. “He may look frail alright,” she continued hopefully as if she was staring at the ceiling. “But, he’s a senpai! A senpai won’t get scared of aggression easily.” What kind of logic is that?! This girl had no brain!

I mean, how would you feel when you go out with a girl on a date, first date, and on that day you got a fight with someone dangerous? And of all people, the girl you’re dating with was the one who took the villain down, almost killing him! Such circumstances will lead you to break up with her, at that very instant!  “Okay, I change my mind, a normal people might get scared a little,” Akari said after pondering to herself. Damn brat! “But, what did he say after that?”

“He said it’s okay,” I told her with my usual heartless voice underneath the blanket. Akari’s hearing was quite sharp to be able to hear me.

“Alright what did he do?” she asked again, this time, blandly.

“He.. he…”  Between stutters quick images rushed by, reminding me the whole things that took place. I could still remember what he did as he said those words to me. I could still felt the salty taste of my tears on my very tongue, and… I had cried in his arms, had I not? A warm blush rose onto my cheeks and it took me everything to not let it show.

“He?” There was a dangerous tinge of curiosity in Akari’s voice.

“It’s nothing.” I said grasping the blanker tighter with my hand.

“Thehehehe… something must happen! What is it?” There, her cheeky voice. I should better end this conversation before it became worse.

“I’m not telling you.” There was a creaking sound afterwards, the sound of Asako’s bed, and gentle footsteps were later heard, coming very slowly, very cheekily towards me. Before I could pull the blanket off my face, the next think I knew, Akari had jumped onto my bed, pinning me under her.

“You will tell me,” she said, in an evil kind of way and almost mercilessly as she leaned her face down closer to mine. Just like the old days, I could feel her soft bangs and gentle breath brushing against my face. And, in a fraction of seconds, the torment began. She slipped her small slender hand under my blanket and started to tickle my sides. I lurched back and forth on the crazy bed, screaming, cursing, laughing. The cruel creaking sound of my own bed seeped into my mind like a nightmare.

“Hey, stopped it. Akari! Akari, you crazy brat! Ah-hahahahah. Stop it. I said stop it…” Tears started to spill from eyes enduring the painful ticklish sensation all over my body. It took me everything to not even let myself urinate on my own bed!

Only when I had reached a point where I couldn’t take it anymore, she stopped. We both stayed where we were on the bed with ragged breath, relishing the comfort that sank in. In unawares, I had looked rather gratefully into her eyes and was surprised to find a pair of solemn eyes staring at me. I was silent for a moment and so was she. She rubbed the tears on my cheeks away and smiled. It was the most beautiful smile she ever showed me and inexpressible joy was written all over her face. That was why, the moment she uttered those to me I was robbed of every word.

“Nee, Aki. I remembered when we were small, you were always the one who bullied me. Your cold remarks, your attitude towards me as if you didn’t care, always I was the one who would cry. But now, things are turning up side down. I don’t have the slightest idea that I will have the luxury to see something else in you besides your stoic face. I think, I really should thank that guy, when I meet him someday.”

I could only smiled evilly back at her and snorted. “Go and make some tea for me, you stupid tickling brat! I’m going to class.”

“You are? Yeay! I’m so bored.” Akari quickly got up from the bed, bouncing away to the kitchen.

At that moment, the phone beside my pillow rang. A message. From Shiki-senpai? I pushed the button carefully with trembling hands. I wondered what he would say.

Aki, where are you? Bon Odori festival on this Friday night, want to come?

I pulled the blanket higher covering all my head, a smile and a warm blush spreading across my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment